Sunday, November 18, 2007

Creative Juices

What a rush! I'm finally creating the creative outlet that I've told myself I've needed for months, even years now. Thanks to the encouragement of my inspiring friends, Aryn and Andrea, I'm diving in.
I'll write to express myself rather than stress myself or impress any other self, an inconceivable concept for a graduate student mind drained by deadlines, research and "synthesis." My academic writing process has always been messy and somewhat traumatic, so hopefully my blog will help remind me that I have a lot to say and it doesn't have to have some greater meaning right now...it's just me!
Just getting in from a fun night of catching up with friends, I've come home to an empty house. Andy's out of town and I always resist going to bed when I'm home alone. I always find something else to do...like create a blog! I guess that's what a sapped brain, inspiring conversation, and time alone brings. But it is pretty late and I've got more masochistic methodological writing to do tomorrow, so I'm off to the sack!

2 comments:

abax said...

Yeah Beth!!
I think you will be a super blogger and I'll be reading:)

Tara said...

Just found your blog in a rather round-about way (through Aryn's via Erik's). Check out my family blog at http://agustintaraemilia.blogspot.com. Hope to have a class with you next semester!
-Tara